This course is intended to be an introduction to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) for all HVAC professionals. Anyone who sells, installs or services HVAC equipment will benefit from this training. A basic understanding of IAQ will help individuals identify and find solutions for problems that arise due to poor indoor air quality whether it is in the workplace or at home.
- IAQ related facts will be presented to define and put context on air quality.
- There will be a discussion and review of health problems experienced due to poor indoor air quality.
- Indoor pollutants will be identified and discussed along with the sources of contaminants.
- Targeted groups of people who suffer from poor IAQ will be identified along with typical symptoms and complaints they experience.
- Optimum indoor air parameters will be defined and reviewed.
- Strategy in identification of problems within a home or business and suggestions for addressing those problems will be discussed.
- Treatment strategies for various IAQ problems will be reviewed.