There’s lots of value in HVAC organizations and training. Joining an HVAC or IAQ organization is a great way to network with other professionals in the field and stay up-to-date on the latest industry news. Training can give you the opportunity to learn new techniques and improve your skills. If you’re planning on starting your own business, reading the right books can help you build one. All of these activities will pay dividends in your career aspirations, so make sure to take advantage of them. You’ll be glad you did when you’re on your way to becoming an HVAC expert.
Industry-Leading HVAC and IAQ Organizations to Join
If you work in the HVAC or IAQ industry, you may be wondering if it’s worth your time and money to join one of the many professional organizations out there. While there are plenty of benefits to joining such an organization, here are three of the most important ones:
- Professional organizations can provide you with valuable networking opportunities.
- These organizations often offer member discounts on products and services.
- Many of them also offer educational resources that can help you keep up with the latest industry news and trends.
Ultimately, whether or not you decide to join an HVAC or IAQ organization is up to you. But if you’re looking for ways to improve your career and keep you updated on the latest products, trends, and services. Here are a few we recommend checking out:
- ACCA – Air Conditioning Contractors of America
- ASHRAE – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- IAQA – Indoor Air Quality Association
- ISIAQ – International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate
Ready to Join an IAQ Association? There are lots of benefits to doing so. Learn more about these benefits, and exactly why IAQA and ISIAQ should be at the top of your list. Read the article here ➡
Best In-Person and Online HVAC and IAQ Training
HVAC and IAQ training is available from a number of different sources. We have a couple of favorites. The National Comfort Institute (NCI) and North American Technician Excellence (NATE) are some of the best. NCI offers a wide range of courses on HVAC system performance topics, including building science and mechanical principles, installation, and maintenance. NATE provides both online and in-person training on topics such as HVAC systems, ductwork, and air quality control. Each of these organizations has a proven track record of providing high-quality training that can help you to improve your skills and knowledge in this important field.
Want Another Option? Product awareness and training have been a pain point for our industry. To solve this, we offer in-person, training videos, group training webinars, and online modules. Learn more ➡
David Holt’s Books to Read Before Starting Your Own Business
In this episode, David Holt recommends everyone who wants to start their own HVAC business to this, twice. “Tell them to invest in these books and read them from cover to cover, twice, before they quit their day job.” Here is Holt’s “shortlist” of books he recommends.
- HVAC Spells Wealth (Ron Smith)
- Build and Grow Your HVAC Business (Gregg McAfee)
- The E-Myth HVAC Contractor (Michael Gerber and Ken Goodrich)
- Profit or Wealth?: Simple Rules for Sustainable Business Growth (Ruth King)
- The Courage to be Profitable (Ruth King)
“If they do that, they will be much better prepared for the future of HVAC entrepreneurship!”
Don’t Miss This Episode! Did you watch our REP Talk with Ruth King? She sat down with us to share her insights on exactly how to grow an HVAC business in today’s market. Watch now ➡