Today is the best time for HVAC companies to promote their products because the market is growing rapidly.
According to the Air Conditioning Contractors of America, the HVAC industry benefits from the high demand for new A.C. and heating systems due to increased construction spending. Homeowners and commercial property managers are also replacing old systems to meet energy efficiency standards. The industry is expected to increase in value in the next 10 years, from $25.6 billion in 2019 to $35.8 billion in 2030.
If you are in the HVAC business, now is a good opportunity to promote your company. One of the best ways to gain more customers is to upgrade your HVAC marketing strategies. Over 93% of adults in the U.S. actively use the internet, spending an average of two hours and 45 minutes a day on the web.
Your business should be online, too. Here are digital marketing methods you should use.
Email may be one of the oldest marketing and communication tools online, but it’s in no way considered outdated. People trust email newsletters more than actual online news, as long as it’s from a source that they recognize, according to a recent study by PowerInbox. The survey also found that more than half of American adults subscribe to at least one email newsletter.
- Personalized Messages – One of the best ways to gain customers through email is to personalize your messages. Personalization in digital marketing means promoting products, services, and content according to customer’s needs, personalities, and behavior. To personalize your emails properly, you need to gather as much data as you can about your customers.
Start with how they behave on your website. If you see that many customers visit and engage with your blog posts, promote your new content every time you send out a newsletter. Is one of your customers buying a lot of the same air conditioner or furnace component? Provide discounts for bundles of that item or promote products that compliment it.
- Mobile Responsiveness – Another factor you should consider is mobile friendliness. Just like your website, emails should be easy to read and navigate on smartphones. This is because almost half of today’s emails are opened on a mobile device. Email marketing services like Mailchimp let you create beautiful and responsive emails that can adapt to any screen size, from small iPhone displays to large LED TVs.
Social Media Marketing
Social media allows your company to interact directly with customers, whether through posts or direct messages. It’s an important part of any HVAC digital marketing campaign.
After all, more than half of social media users worldwide use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others to research the products and services they plan to purchase. Plus, a MarketingDive report found that over 90% of people buy from brands they follow on social media.
- Educational Content – One of the easiest ways to gain engagement for your social media page is by providing educational content. For example, you can publish posts about the telltale signs of a failing HVAC system and promote your maintenance and repair service. You may post a buying guide featuring your air conditioning or furnace products. The possibilities are nearly endless.
- Customer Interaction – Social media is a great tool to use for customer service as well. You get to reply to customer comments and messages instantly. They get notified about your response, too. Make sure to respond as soon as possible; customers expect brands to reply within 30 minutes.
You may have a beautiful and navigable website, but it’s useless if it can’t be found on Google. Over 92% of people in the U.S. use Google. Almost half of brick-and-mortar and online shoppers use the search engine to find new products and items. If you want your site to be at the top of your customers’ search results, you need to optimize it. Here are a few ways to climb Google’s site rankings.
- Get Your Listings Right — Google My Business listings always show up on the first page of Google’s search results. List your business and make sure to get every field correct. This way, your company shows up as a listing every time your customers search for your business category and location.
- Create Interesting Content — When it comes to search engine optimization (SEO), content is king. Search engines like Google rank websites that provide helpful information higher than those that don’t. Create blog posts that help customers with their simple HVAC problems. Make sure to link to credible sources, as well as service and product pages on your website whenever possible.
- Improve Your Site Speed — Speed is another factor that search engines use to rank websites on their results. Plus, most customers leave a site if it takes too long to load. A surefire way to improve page speed is to reduce the file size of your images. Use sites like TinyJPG and TinyPNG to do this. These tools efficiently cut down the sizes of your images without sacrificing quality.
- Make It Mobile-friendly — Google prioritizes websites optimized for mobile phones and other mobile devices. It wants searchers to access sites that don’t look cluttered or ugly on their devices. Ask your website developer to make your site mobile-responsive. It involves modifying your website’s images, menus, and other elements so they can fit any screen size and can be read clearly.
With the HVAC industry growing rapidly, you need to make sure your business stays competitive. You can do this by adopting the latest digital marketing practices to strengthen your online presence and catch the attention of more potential customers.
Grow Your HVAC Business
Whether you’re an experienced HVAC contractor looking to grow your business or someone who is just starting in the industry, KGG Consulting can help you. We provide HVAC training online and in-house. Our programs follow the latest standards, so your business stays competitive in the fast-growing HVAC market.
Email us today to schedule an appointment.