HVAC manufacturers reps are the key to success in the HVAC industry. By understanding what they do differently, you can make sure that your HVAC business is successful. In this episode of REP Talk, Chris Craft, a manufacturer rep from Target Sales, breaks down exactly what successful HVAC manufacturers reps do differently. He explains how they think about their customers, their products, and their goals. By understanding the mind of a successful HVAC manufacturers rep, you can make sure that your HVAC business is on the right track. In this episode, you’ll learn:
- the secret to a top HVAC manufacturer rep success
- why ride along’s with reps are mutually beneficial
- the value of working with reps
Top HVAC Manufacturer Sales Reps Engage the Field
Top HVAC manufacturers reps are the sales force behind HVAC products in the field. Firstly, they develop relationships with HVAC contractors and distributors. Secondly, they provide education and support to ensure HVAC products are installed correctly.
Lastly, HVAC manufacturers’ reps play an important role in HVAC product development. They do this by providing feedback to HVAC manufacturers about product performance in the field. Bottom line: Successful reps engage the field by developing strong relationships.
HVAC Sales Reps Provide Value
Sales reps are the promoters and sellers of manufacturer products to distributors. They are a vital part of the HVAC industry, and their success is essential to the success of HVAC companies. Top HVAC manufacturer reps are highly trained and knowledgeable about the products they sell. They have the ability to:
- provide HVAC contractors and homeowners with the information they need to make informed decisions about which products to purchase
- negotiate favorable terms with HVAC distributors and contractors. Consequently, making it more likely that contractors will purchase products from their company
- provide valuable feedback to HVAC companies about their products and how well they are selling
- play a vital role in the success of HVAC companies
A good manufacturers rep will bridge the gaps your business has. However, you need to be willing to accept their help. Moreover, you need to ask for more. More training, better terms, help to find inventory, and so much more.